CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Claire......Day 2

Hi everyone. Its day two and it is a better day today. Sara and I got a great night of sleep. That makes a huge difference.

First Claire's update. She is doing fantastic. With Sara not feeling so well I was thrown in the fatherhood yesterday. I had a few bumps but did ok. Everytime Claire would eat with me she would throw up. The first time I freaked out because she kept gagging but in the end it was ok. I checked with the nurses and they said it was because she has a lot of mucus in her system that she needs to get out and that is completely normal. It still freaks me out but I handle it perfectly fine now. She threw up this morning when Sara was feeding her and I completely cleaned her up and gave her a new shirt. Next was the diaper. That was the easiest. I am a diaper king. Yesterday my fun goal was to learn how to swaddle her. They always wrap her so well here and she really likes it. On the 3rd time I was an old pro at it. I love wrapping her like that because it keeps her nice and warms and she is so easy to handle. So with all that said we are doing well.

Sara is doing better today. They are still concerned with her hemoglobin and they may need to do a blood transfusion. They just drew blood from her to test it and they are hoping the results are better. She cannot get up on her own and does not have the energy to do much. She is eating though and things are getting better each day. Actually as I am typing this they just came back with blood results. The results stayed the same. So they are just going to watch her and hope that they keep going up on their own. We are still not in a regular room. We are in what I like to call an intensive care section of labor & delivery. There is guards outside in the hall to guard the babies. They have not said much about us going home. They said we may move to a regular room tonight or tomorrow but it seems a lot is up in the air.

Also, Claire has a middle name. Her middle name is Francesca. Claire Francesca Dobson. We both love so many of the suggestions that everyone gave us and we both thank you. This one just stuck with us. We really like it a lot.

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. I will be posting as much as possible. Our love to all.



3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

As for bub all sounds pretty normal to me...
My three kids all had the mucus thing,One so bad he freaked the nurse out and code blue-ed the ward!
But was ok and then it just freked us out,by bub two and three we too were pros.
I wish you all so well and hope Mumma gets feelig better eally soon.
The love that comes through from you to your girls is so refreshing and uplifting!

Anonymous said...

Love the new pics. I want to be there!

Debra Facer said...

Thank you so much for the new pictures, Makes an old sick Gramma feel better. I love you all. Me