CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Most Overwhelming Experience.......EVER!

Ok before the overwhelming story begins here is a little update on Sara. She went to the hospital on Wednesday and she is doing very well. She gained two pounds since her last visit and she looks great. Claire is weighing in at a whopping 1lb 9oz and is 12 inches in length. The doctor said that everything looks really good and they are very pleased with her progress.

Alright, Friday night was baby registration night at Babies R Us for Sara and I. I was very excited. Sara got clearance from her doctor to take a wheelchair ride around the store and scan scan scan! I had no idea what I was in for.

See, I had this perfect picture in my head of what I wanted, how I wanted things to look, and just what we were going to register for. Boy was I wrong. Some of the stuff was just ok, some of it was just not cute at all. There is just so many things. How do you know which car seat to choose? How many pacifiers do you need? Are there good and bad pacifiers? Sippy cups....there is like 100 different ones! Sara asked me if I wanted to get a "guy style diaper bag". Do I need one of those? What, will the pink one not fit my style? OMG! Way to much.

It seriously stressed me out a little. I felt bad because we had no like "plan", no scheme. We were just free wheeling around the store. We did register for some good stuff. I love the pack and play we registered for as well as the car seat, and I am digging on the boppy.

We could not find any bedding last night. Poor Sara has had a hard time finding bedding that she likes. Today she found some at Target.com on sale and free shipping! I told her lets just order it and if she does not like it then we can return it. She was very excited about it. It is very pretty and we should get it this week. Problem though, WE HAVE NO CRIB! Sara has had a hard time finding a crib she likes. We saw one of the ones she likes last night at Babies R Us but when I got to looking at it it looked flimsy and cheap. Some of the ones we do like are like $250+! Thats nuts. And the changing tables, wow, those are outrageous too! These are the two items we are having the hardest time with.

I looked at the registry online today and we did pretty good with the items that we ordered and their ratings. I felt a little better about it after I reviewed it today.

Sara wants me to ask all of our readers if there is anything that our readers think we should have/register for? As parents whats your favorite item? Are there any items that are overrated and we do not need? Also, is there anywhere else to look besides Babies R Us, Target and Walmart for cribs? All the help and suggestions that people can give would be great! PLEASE GIVE ALL SUGGESTIONS! We need it.

Love to all.

Sara and Jason

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
I know I am not a mom, but I have had plenty of experience. A million younger cousins, a hundred babysitting jobs, and some friends kids later here are my tips. You need a Bumbo Seat and the tray that comes with it!! They have them at target and at baby's R us. Also Taggies are great, but dont buy one, hint hint!!! I dont know about the baby furniture I know up here Sears also has a lot of baby stuff, you might try there for some furniture. Pottery Barn also if you want to break the bank. Also, I dont know if you are using bottle's but all of my friends are using the Dr Brown's bottles to prevent colic. I guess thats it for now. Congrats on hitting the 24 week mark!!!
Love you guys,
Auntie Amy

NikkiW said...

I am really glad to hear that things are going well. The most important thing you will buy will be an Angelcare monitor. It is made by Bebesounds. This is a monitor that has a sensor pad you put under the mattress and it sounds an alarm if the baby does not take a breath for more than 30 seconds. We still use it and Savannah is 15 months old. It also doubles as a regular baby monitor. Every little one forgets to breathe in the first couple of months and this just gives you that extra peice of mind. Everyone I know that has had a baby at Northside, including us, has used the passies they give you. I think it is a called a Gumdrop. You can only get at Northside and online. They are fantastic.
You guys are in my prayers.. Much love
Nikki